Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dec 1, 2010 (Reverb 2010)

Today's prompt:

December 1 One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: Gwen Bell)

My word for the year would be pathetic. I haven't done anything of value this year. Most of my time has been spent doing pointless activities, that accomplish nothing. If I were to jump ahead a year, I would like the one word that summarizes my accomplishments to be:

Successful! It's not the money that I care about, it's the feeling of satisfaction that I get when (if) I complete a project. This is even more important if the only thing of value I have to show for the year is a single piece of writing (My NaNo 2010 novel). I can only hope that over the next 12 months, I manage to edit my novel, and get it sent off to a publisher or agent. I would love to have it in print, but having a polished novel is more important to me than a published piece of male horse manure...

Regardless of the actual steps it takes, I am already thinking about what I will need to do to make my word for 2011 come true. Successful, or accomplished, and I will feel that the year was not wasted.

Good luck to any writers reading this, in the year to come. If you're not a writer, I still wish you luck, but if you've some luck to spare, I'll take it off your hands!

As always;

Until my next post... Good luck, and have fun writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment