Thursday, January 6, 2011

Jan 6 Quotes

It's been almost a week, and it's been an interesting month so far. I've done a few more stories, including one that I wrote to challenge myself. I found a site for quotes, http://www.randomquotes.org. It lists five different quotes each time you load the page. I used one of the five quotes every hundred words or so. It wasn't an outstanding story in the end, and even though some of the quotes were used out of context, it felt like I met my goal. I haven't done anything worth posting here, but there's a lot of pontential left in the month.

I've done a bit of random work with the computer, mostly for Linux. There were a few small glitches to fix, and I wanted to create a custom background image for each virtual desktop. I only use two, for writing and online. This is the first one I finished, not great but it works, and it was an amusing few hours of work.

Background for my writing desktop

That's it for today, I hope I have something I can share with you next time. I'm getting worried that I might not have enough ideas to get through the month, good ideas anyway. I'm sure that a few more challenges will help with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment