Thursday, September 9, 2010

What I'm working on

To make a long story short, I haven't written anything substantial for awhile. I do have a lot of ideas, for short stories, and some more details to add to my novel.
Without giving away too much, some of those ideas are:
  • Fantasy: What will you give up for money and power? Your life? That's a common question. What about your sanity? Your mind? What use is money if you go over the edge and become forced to live the rest of your life paralyzed, alone, or crazy...
  • Sci-Fi: Robots, Artificial intelligence, and the death of humanity. Can a robot cross the final barrier between machine and intelligent life?
  • Fantasy: Dreams. They must have a meaning, hidden somewhere. What is the invisible bond between twins? Is there something causing nightmares, and how can it be found, or stopped?
  • Sci-Fi: Time travel. (Yes, I know time travel has been done before). If you travel in time, how does that affect other dimensions, other realities? What do you do if something goes wrong?
  • Suspense/Horror: A killer, an assassin, a thief. What makes this one different? He doesn't aim for houses, he stalks the condos and apartment buildings. Would you close your windows at night if you lived on the 18th floor? You should!!
A few other random things I might work on, eventually: Something based on "Serial Experiments Lain", where the lines between the internet and reality become blurry. (Side note:Can a God exist without faith, or followers?). "The Books of Blood", by Clive Barker, if I tried to build up a collection of horror stories... Yet another idea based on hunting or freeing ghosts,(NO! Nothing like "Ghost Whisperer") more like the manga series "Mail" by Housui Yamazaki.

What do you think? Do any of these ideas jump out at you? Do they sound like stories you have to read, or do they sound too common to bother with? Let me know. (I probably won't change my mind, but I can admit I'm wrong, and I'm willing to work on an idea until it's perfect)

An obvious final note. Although I kept these idea vague, they are still mine, and I would prefer it if you didn't use them without my permission.
That's it for today! I'm not sure what my next post will be about, so make sure you come back to find out!

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to write a book... I have so many thoughts in my head and on paper.... Soon I hope I do :)

    ReplyDelete